About Contact Press Follow

April 17, 2013

Beauty Favourites / #4

Today's Beauty Favourites post is all about hair! As you can see from my photos I mostly wear my hair open, occasionally I'll wear it in a bun or a ponytail, but I never really put that much effort into the styling of my hair. Since I do have a rather sensitive scalp, though, and my hair is partly bleached, I feel I need to pay some extra attention when it comes to haircare. So here are my favourite products for both washing and styling my hair!

System Professional 'Balance Scalp' shampoo: I was fed up with my dry and itchy scalp, so I went to a shop for professional hair care and just blindly trusted the lady in the shop. This shampoo has really helped so far! I had to wait for a few washes, but now my scalp is really getting better.
L'Oréal Professionnel 'Shine Blonde': I purely use this so that my hair doesn't get too yellow-ish. The lilac in this product apparently brings out the blond and I feel as if it's working!
John Frieda 'Intensive Care': This is a deep conditioning treatment I don't use as often as I should! After using this, my hair gets incredibly soft and feels really repaired. I guess you could just about use any mask for this effect (I've yet to try the DIY avocado mask!) though. Schwarzkopf volume powder: Although my hair certainly does not lack any volume, I like using volume powder on third-day hair. It does make the hair feel quite weird, though, so I don't use it that often. To be fair, this will get you the effect it claims to get.
The Body Shop 'Grapeseed Glossing Serum': I know there's a number of hair oils and serums out there now, but I've been using this one for over a year now and I'm sticking to it! I apply the oil to my wet hair before blowdrying to moisturise my hair. But I also use it on dry hair to prevent frizzy hair and get a little bit of shine - also perfect for that finishing touch after styling!
kms california 'Hair Play sea salt spray': I usually only use this in Summer to get beach wavy hair. As my hair is quite thick and heavy, this product does not really have a waving effect on it, but it still gives it this 'I just came from the beach' type of texture.

Read more Beauty Favourites posts here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on my blog!
xx

Don't forget to follow me:

Bloglovin
Facebook