About Contact Press Follow

August 3, 2011

DIY: feather earrings



What you need:
-feathers (from the craft shop), i took cock, chinchilla + white feathers
-spare earring-hooks (from old earrings or the craft shop)
-silver wire
-scissors

How to do it:
1. pick the feathers you want to create an earring with and hold them together at the ends (like a bunch of flowers)
2. take a bit of silver wire and wrap it around the roots of the feathers - make sure you wrap it tightly!
3. then cut off the silver wire at the end, leave approximately 2cm spare. wind those around the hook and make sure it's locked

...and you're done!

So, here's the DIY I've been talking about before. You've seen one of the earrings in this outfit post. It's been so much fun creating those earrings, I'll definitely do more. I still have loads of feathers left! Also, if anyone would be interested in buying these.. (I don't know...), I might as well put them online for sale. We'll see.

For now, I leave you with my little collection of feather earrings. Do you like them?



2 comments:

  1. I love DIYs :) this one is great*

    http://behindcatiseyes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm following *

    http://behindcatiseyes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my blog!
xx

Don't forget to follow me:

Bloglovin
Facebook