About Contact Press Follow

October 14, 2009

Çok güzel means that's cool!

As i have the opportunity to go online here, i thought i'd take the chance and shout out a quick hello. I have, despite my omnipresent worries, survived two flights in a row and managed to check in and out on my own. Now i'm pretty proud of myself, I have to admit. I'm feeling good although I live with a little cultural shock here as I don't stay at a hotel but wıth real people- my boyfriend's relatives. First day's food was great, I can't complain-we went to Burger King, you see. Nah, I like it here. It's less organised and 'luxurious' than stayıng in a hotel room, but even though I don't understand a word of turkish I get the impression people are pretty friendly. Istanbul certainly is a clash of cultures and it's very interesting. Today we visited a church that has been turned into a mosque. Gosh, there's mosques allover! They are so beautiful. Tomorrow we'll visit the citie's most beautiful, most famous mosque. I was actually woken by that mosque-singing today. Or was it just a dream? I couldn't tell but when they sıng, which is impossible to be missed since it happens 5 times a day, it's first strange, then normal, then funny because with the city being full of mosques, there's a big canon being created in the air above you.
What i like best so far are the palm trees and the weather. Wherever there's real palm trees growing out of the earth, it feels like a vacation to me. Same goes for beautiful outdoor swimming pools.
Enough for now. Yes, I did take pictures. No, I didn't bring my USB-device. Hope to 'see' you soon!

greetings to all my lovely friends. I know Hamburg feels empty without me ;)

2 comments:

  1. hey cinja.
    hm ja, barcelona war toll. einzelheiten im einzelgespräch. hehe. und paris war nicht so dicke? hoffe istanbul mit deinem herrn gatten wird besser.
    hau rein.

    ReplyDelete
  2. eheeeemty, vielleicht. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my blog!
xx

Don't forget to follow me:

Bloglovin
Facebook